• KeyPlants secures € 75 million order
• Largest life science facility ever built in Scandinavia using off-site manufacturing
• Turnkey delivery including clean rooms, installation of process equipment and qualification
• KeyPlants´ workshop in Vara, Sweden will manufacture a major part of the facility
The Swedish company KeyPlants has received a € 75 million order from Galderma, the world’s largest independent global dermatological company, to build a life science facility in the city of Uppsala, Sweden. The new factory is being built to meet increasing global demand for Galderma’s products in aesthetic treatment.
Most of the plant will be built off-site in KeyPlants´ workshop in Vara, Sweden. KeyPlants will be responsible for the complete project including detailed design, ground works and construction on-site, off-site manufacturing, installation of all equipment, as well as qualification to ensure all process equipment works as planned.
– This turnkey project is a major breakthrough for modular off-site manufacturing, says Jörgen Harrysson, CEO of KeyPlants. – The new facility will be the largest life science facility ever built in Scandinavia using modular off-site manufacturing, a method offering advantages such as faster delivery, high predictability, and improved safety. KeyPlants´ expertise includes GMP-compliant pharmaceutical/biotech process design and off-site manufacturing so this is a very important strategic order for us. In addition, it secures employment for about 100 members of the KeyPlants team in Västergötland and Stockholm for the duration of this 2,5 year long project, Jörgen Harrysson concludes.
Construction start for the new facility will be in the autumn of 2022. The new building has a floor area of around 13 000 m2 and will be located in direct connection to Galderma’s current Uppsala plant.
KeyPlants, headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, is a leader in the clean room manufacturing space for the life science industry, having executed 100+ projects globally. Our customers benefit from KeyPlants’ vast experience and expertise, resulting in 30-50% shorter timelines and increased predictability with regards to schedule, cost, and quality. KeyPlants deliver PODs and turnkey facilities including process equipment, utilities, and digital solutions.
For further information, please see www.keyplants.com or contact:
Marketing & Communications