Modularization increases predictability, reduces cost overruns, shortens delivery time, and leads to faster ROI
Modular and Podular:
The cost-effective way to build a production facility
We all know that modularization of process modules, pipe racks, facility modules, cleanroom panels, etc., increases predictability and reduces cost overruns. We also know it shortens delivery time, leading to faster return on investment.
Why? There are several reasons: For one thing, manufacturing processes are evolving rapidly, with labor productivity increasing my more than 150% in the past half-century. Meanwhile, conventional construction productivity has actually fallen by nearly 20%.
- Modular manufacturing off site allows more re-use of proven solutions and minimizes the need to reinvent.
- Efficient manufacturing workflows minimize time spent on preparation, getting materials, instructions, redoing errors and more—88% of a worker’s time is spent productively.
- Good teamwork, few adversarial relationships.
- No middleman for the modular manufacturing part of the project.
- Construction industry productivity has dropped by 19% since 1964 but increased in tracked industries by 153%
Spend less, earn more
With modular manufacturing, there’s typically little difference between the estimated costs at the concept design stage and the actual costs when production starts. This illustrates one of the big advantages of modular manufacturing: It involves less risk. Risks include scheduled risk, cost of capital risk, production risk and revenue risk. And risk costs money. Eliminating schedule risk, cost of capital risk and productivity risk can easily reduce the cost of a project by a third or more.
The bottom line? Modular manufacturing is the shortest route to increased revenues—and profits.
70% of all conventional projects are delayed. 73% are over budget
Learn more about Modular Solutions
Expanding production? Launching a new product? The KeyPlants team has decades of proven, worldwide experience building modular, turnkey facilities for the world’s leading pharmaceutical and biotech companies. Our modular and POD agile design solutions meet the demanding requirements of today’s business needs in the production of therapeutics.
We’d love to hear from you!
Contact us today – we will help you to master your specific challenge.